Children are taught basic vocabulary as a cornerstone, and as their range of understanding develops, children are introduced to the multiple dimensions, cultures, geography, and people. Spanish language instruction is taught in a small group lesson and there are materials that are expressly for Spanish work.
- Senses – Children are taught through all their senses using concrete objects. Words are not just heard, they are seen, touched, tasted, and smelled. Pronunciation is learned through rhythm and music.
- Think – Children associate concrete objects to language and connect previous knowledge with new vocabulary.
- Create – Children use the target language to communicate in real life settings.
Ms. Kim is the lead teacher this program as she has a Bachelors in Languages, and over twenty five years’ experience as a Spanish speaker herself.
- Offered throughout the year
- Every Thursdays from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Students work will be incorporated into their school portfolio
- Staff and students in our school are fluent in Spanish so there is additional exposure outside the designated class times
- Annual Spanish celebration